Class of Code Project
Computer programming is becoming a popular activity for today’s technology-oriented children. Even children who do not want to become computer programmer when they grow up, are becoming part of the work-groups related to programming.
Why to teach kids to code?
- Programming encourages children to be creative, think logically, and develop the critical thinking they need throughout their lives.
- The skills that these children develop during early experiences in programming help them to be successful in education.
- With coding, children try new solutions to problems and learn what happens in certain situations.
- In our technological world, learning how to code is as important as reading and writing.
- Many kids want to play computer games, use mobile apps, and visit the website regularly. But the most interesting thing is that while they know a lot about software, few know how to use the code to create their own games.
- Programming is fun, creative, and extremely usable these days and in the coming decades.
The class is organized for children 10-14 years old in the field of digital skills, offered by the Center for Business Technology and Leadership (CBTL) in co-operation with mesoprogramim.com. Children learn by playing and doing real mini projects.
The class is organized in different Levels.
- The first level was a complete packet of digital skills like internet security, web development, app development, PC Hardware etc. (3-14 July 2017)
- The second level will be focused on advanced specific skills of the first level and the third level will prepare the children to work by their own in a specific real project in digital field.